Updated: Jun 28
I am delighted to announce that ICTWAND now has an online school at TEACHABLE. https://ictwand.teachable.com/
Discount 50% can be found by clicking this special link - available for a limited time period. Please get in touch for whole school prices if you wish all teachers to have access - amazing deals available. https://bit.ly/3bVUS98
Self-paced online courses for teachers and leaders in primary schools. Study from anywhere. Access courses at a time to suit you. Downloadable materials.
Our first course focuses on reading and is ideal for both teachers and English leaders.
The teaching school allows teachers to complete online courses at their own pace. Packed full of video presentations, tutorials, teaching resources, advice sheets and guidance booklets, the course is an excellent way of developing expertise at times and places to suit you.
The courses can be purchased as a single user or as a school. Payments can be made via the online site, or the school can be invoiced and login details provided via email. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements. Discounts are also avilable for bulk access to online courses.
The courses represent excellent value for money.
Covered within the reading course are a number of themes:
· understanding how reading develops in different key stages;
· setting out a vision for reading in your school;
· selecting texts to inspire and putting together combinations that will give breadth and depth to the curriculum;
· different approaches to using books in the classroom, e.g. designing and delivering whole class reading sessions, developing effective independent reading, utilising group and paired reading structures;
· the ‘big 10’ reading comprehension strategies – what they are and how to teach them;
· practical activities that can be used with any book;
· questioning and improving the quality of book talk;
· identifying the difficulties pupils experience with comprehension and addressing these problems;
· addressing the demands of the National Curriculum and tests;
· how to effectively lead reading across the school.
“Extremely useful. The course is already having an impact on reading.”
“I feel totally inspired and determined to improve reading.”
“Wow! Superb – brilliant ideas that I can use straight away in class. So many new resources which I know will engage the children.”
“Everything! It has given me a real boost to think more about how reading is taught and what the children need. Thank you for all the brilliant resources.”
“Fantastic resources. Very well explained. Lots of examples of good practice. Great ideas to use in the classroom.”